Proposal for a National Research Program
IfIS, in collaboration with IMPACT, has submitted a proposal for a National Research Program (NRP). The title of the proposal is "Improving Effectiveness in Health Care through the Targeted Transfer of Research Findings into Practice."
The translation of promising scientific findings from clinical research to patient care is often referred to as the “valley of death” because this transfer is frequently unsuccessful.
In recent years, there has been a growing recognition that the implementation of evidence-based interventions must be actively researched, considering the context in which research findings are implemented to achieve appropriate uptake. The interaction between the context, the actors operating within, as well as the intervention to be implemented strongly determine the extent to which research findings are applied in practice.
By studying these interactions, the NRP aims to contribute to increasing the value of academic clinical research, reducing low-value-care, and developing sustainable health care.
The proposal is broadly supported: researchers from the University of Basel, the University of Geneva, the University of Lausanne, the University of Zurich, and the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute are co-authors. Eight further institutions actively support the proposal.
- Participants in FICUS trial: more than half of the recruitment aim has been achieved
- The joy of volunteering - an interview with a member of the IfIS team
- A new study compares European Contact Tracing Apps
- IfIS joins Swiss Learning Health System
- European Implementation Event 2023
- Chances for the Swiss health care system thanks to implementation science
- Guest Lecture on digital medtech products and regulation
- State of the Art lecture at the SSN annual meeting
- SAMS Report on Implementation Science in Switzerland
- An introduction to implementation science via podcast
- Swiss National Research foundation supports trial to decrease the use of antibiotics
- What can implementation science do? Professor Lauren Clack answers in an interview
- Guest Lecture by Per Nilsen about De-Implementation
- How TV can help us overcome disparities in combatting non-communicable diseases
- CTC Mini Series: Implementation Science
- Guest lecture Prof. Dr. Petra Brysiewicz
- FICUS trial begins recruitment of participants
- Masterclass 2022
- Appointment Tobias Kowatsch
- Appointment Janna Hastings
- Presentation at the European Implementation Collaborative General Assembly
- Inaugural Lecture Lauren Clack
- Inaugural Lecture Rahel Naef
- The IfIS at the 2nd IMPACT Conference
- Election of Head of Institute
- The Challenges of Implementation Science in German Speaking Countries
- The SwissCovid Digital Proximity Tracing App after one year: Were expectations fulfilled?
- Launch Event IfIS
- Implementation evaluation of school-based interventions
- 2nd IMPACT Conference in February 2022: registration has opened
- 1st Swiss Antimicrobial Stewardship in Practice workshop & networking event
- Citizen Science – Viktor von Wyl / MS Registry
- Congratulations to Prof. Dr. Rahel Naef
- Family engagement in intensive care units
- Call for Projects - Nursing Science Foundation Switzerland
- New Journal: Frontiers in Health Services
- Interview with Viktor von Wyl
- Pre-conference workshop with Rahel Naef
- Swiss Covid App shows effectiveness
- Congratulations to Lauren Clack
- Premises of IfIS in Zurich